This is the first issue of hidden europe magazine published in March 2005.
price within Europe: 9 EUR/ 8.20 GBP incl. airmail shipping (untracked) and VAT where applicable
price for destinations outside Europe: 10 EUR incl. airmail shipping (untracked)
INTRODUCTION: streetwise in the middle of Europe
- Sicilian vespers
- sea fever
- steel, Stalin & socialism: European steeltowns
- cigarettes & serviettes: a report from Mescherin
- Europe's small states
MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE: Eriskay 1935
FESTIVALS: Indian summer in Vilnius
OFF LIMITS: Bohemia's four quarters: exploring beyond Prague
REAL TRAVEL: the slow train
PEOPLE: will the real Maria please stand up?
PERSPECTIVE: Europe: a Balkan view
FLIGHT SCAN: budget airlines expand into eastern Europe
CONSUMING MATTERS: from Poland to Piedmont: in search of slow food
SNIPPETS AND MORE:
- the streets with no names: Albania
- Russian outposts
- islanders on celluloid: Scotland
- unfair fares: understanding airline tariffs
- when a border is not a border
To see the extended table of contents please click here.